may isle
CONTENTS
- Columns (60)
- Prose poems (24)
- Songs (14)
Welcome
Welcome to 'A Frample', a confused tangle of columns, prose poems and lyrics. It's not so much a blog as an online folder, lying somewhere between a drawer and the bin.
Meant for you
May 1985
I'm just a smidgen of smegma on your duvet cover, the last strained teardrop of semen from a passing lover.
I'm the race of your pulse, the beat of your heart; I'm your foulest breath, your deadliest fart.
I'm the smell in the loo, the stain around the bath; your last bad joke and the loud phoney laugh.
I'm the friend who comes to dinner and cracks a forced smile; I'm your varicose veins and your bleeding piles.
I'm that screaming stain on your designer underwear, that lonesome sweat ring on your best brassiere.
I'm that heel-less shoe, I'm that broken zip; that nasty cold sore, resident on your lip.
I'm the blocked sinus and the aching head; the crumpled sheets on an unmade bed.
I'm the creaking floorboard, that bump in the night; I'm always wrong, I'm never right.
I'm the ladder in your stockings, the torn toe in your tights; I'm the lost ear-ring that's disappeared out of sight.
I'm stuck to your shoe and I'm your monthly surprise; I'm what the cat dragged in, all covered in flies.
I'm the man of your dreams, your worst nightmare come true.
You were meant for someone else, but I was meant for you.
Picture: DeeDee51
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
October 9, 2019 Have you ever sat in your car in a hospital car park, trying not to be sick; wanting not to have seen what you’ve s...
-
Young Vi, shortly after her mother left. July 12, 2020 I am writing this just a few days after my mother’s death. It is a personal ...
-
1973 You must be feeling down at acting the clown, So weary of always playing the fool. Never finding time to be kind In your drama...
-
The fortress and the last stand. April 25, 2020 Dear Diary – Day 34 of self flagellation and segregation from humankind and viruskind...
-
Harassment is unwanted behaviour which you find offensive or which makes you feel intimidated or humiliated. It can happen on its own...
-
Sunday, October 14, 2018 Most Fifers will have known someone with a Polish name. After 1945, with the Iron Curtain drawing across ...
-
Fife Free Press, August 30, 1996 Big Brother IS watching and I know where he lives. Once upon a time the church was the grea...
-
October 1, 2019 A while back, in a conversation about squabbling relatives, the comment was made: “The best place for family is ...
-
April 1973 Dressed up but messed up, standing four deep on London Road, trying to block the visions of hospital beds and muffle the ech...
-
Back in the Day Western Isles July 2019 The dawn of the 20th century was to herald in an era of dramatic change, dominated by two...

No comments:
Post a Comment