may isle
CONTENTS
- Columns (60)
- Prose poems (24)
- Songs (14)
Welcome
Welcome to 'A Frample', a confused tangle of columns, prose poems and lyrics. It's not so much a blog as an online folder, lying somewhere between a drawer and the bin.
Jurek Morkis Mirage
October 22, 1973
I've travelled from town to town
And I've moved a bit around.
Believing in myself
I'd find riches and wealth
Build a mansion on a mountain top
Keep on going, never stop.
I'd own all the safe and vaults
Make the world so somersaults
And I'd rule from coast to coast
They'd call me Mr Most
And the world would be mine
Mine, mine, mine, mine.
Mr Heath would be my valet
Raquel Welch my daily
Tricky Dicky would wash my socks
Amin in the garden breaking rocks
I'd stop all the fighting
Make them take up poetry writing
Teach them how to spell
And sing like Sacha Distel
And I'd make them read Donleavy
Get into all the heavies
And the world would be mine
Mine, mine, mine, mine.
Make Israel and Egypt play a dart game
Make America and Russia do the same
Make all the Reds and Blues
Wear winklepicker shoes
I'd give Kosygin and Brezhnev their own TV show
Give the White House a station on the radio
Put the politicians on 'Stars on Sunday'
(Have to extend it into Monday)
But give action replays to you
Live from their cages in the zoo
And the world would be mine
Mine, mine, mine, mine.
And violence wouldn't exist
Every single punch would miss
All boxers would be wearing flippers
Those bovver boys in Andy Pandy slippers
Soldiers would be armed with water guns
There wouldn't be any atomic bombs
There would be joke contests instead
We'd laugh till Zebedee said 'time for bed'
And I'd rule from coast to coast
They'd call me Mr Most
And the world would be mine
Mine, mine, mine, mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
October 9, 2019 Have you ever sat in your car in a hospital car park, trying not to be sick; wanting not to have seen what you’ve s...
-
Young Vi, shortly after her mother left. July 12, 2020 I am writing this just a few days after my mother’s death. It is a personal ...
-
Harassment is unwanted behaviour which you find offensive or which makes you feel intimidated or humiliated. It can happen on its own...
-
Sunday, October 14, 2018 Most Fifers will have known someone with a Polish name. After 1945, with the Iron Curtain drawing across ...
-
1973 You must be feeling down at acting the clown, So weary of always playing the fool. Never finding time to be kind In your drama...
-
The fortress and the last stand. April 25, 2020 Dear Diary – Day 34 of self flagellation and segregation from humankind and viruskind...
-
East Fife Mail, April 1, 1992 At an age when I am supposed to have outgrown all passing fads and crazes, I still carry that demon ...
-
I’m in no doubt there must be a balance to our existence, a natural Hegelian dialectic on life. Where there is good there will be bad. It’s ...
-
Fife Free Press, August 30, 1996 Big Brother IS watching and I know where he lives. Once upon a time the church was the grea...
-
October 1, 2019 A while back, in a conversation about squabbling relatives, the comment was made: “The best place for family is ...

No comments:
Post a Comment